Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How it all began...

I was asked to help with a blog for a small business setup for a trendy clothing by non other than my sister. She wanted to have a site where it was free, easy to use, and searchable by her customers. Because it was a start up, she was not prepared to spend money on a blog. So I started with blogspot. Its free, easy to use (for uploading photos etc) and for a person who does not use a PC except when she has to read emails, she was happy with using blogspot. It took us a day to setup the account and another 2 days to start up the blog, upload photos, choose a template and a short write up. The includes a face to face training her on how to "use" the blog. She has now upgraded herself with a yearly charged domain name and she has a blog that also has a shopping cart. :) And after that project, I was approached by my family and friends to help them start up a blog. They are all now comfortable with updating, upgrading and beautifying their blogs themselves. :) So, instead of limiting my assistance to people I know, I thought I should start up something of my own with a very basic support at a very low price.

No comments:

Post a Comment